Stew season is officially there be ready to get weekly new stew recipes pop in here! Today it is all about green lentils, my favourite. A warm, cosy lentils soup with a hint of celery taste made with only 7 ingredients, plant-based, gluten-free & full of goodness.
We Hello October, hello you! I think we can officially say that fall is here, rainy days are back in London, it’s grey and wet all the time. Well, let’s see the most exciting part of this season pumpkin, warm hot chocolate & stew! Don’t know about you but cold time get me always very excited for all the soup and stew I will be making.
Green lentils are one of my favourite legumes in all time (maybe just after chickpeas but not even sure), they are jam-packed with iron which we all need like a lot, a great source of plant-based protein and full of fibre. They are very good stuff. Also, these little legumes are very versatile to make them in salad, soup & stew.
This stew is perfect for meal prep (make a big batch in advance and you have some ready any time of the week), pair with some rice or quinoa and you’ve got the perfect meal.
- 250G DRY GREEN LENTILS, RINSED, DRAINED
- 1 ONION, DICED
- 2 CELERIES STALK
- 3 CARROTS, CHOPPED
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED
- 840ML vegetable broth
- 1 CAN CHOPPED TOMATOES
- 3 TBP OLIVE OIL
- In a large saucepan, heat some olive oil and fried onions until begin to get brown. Then add, garlic, carrots, celery sauté the vegetables for 15 minutes.
- Add the veggie broth, dry lentils and chopped tomatoes can. Bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until lentils are cooked, about 40 minutes.
- Transfers 1/3 of the soup in a blender, blend it until it get smooth. Mix it with the solid remaining. Season as you wish (salt, pepper). Then enjoy.
- Keep it in an airtight container in your fridge up to 3 days.