Parsnip season is back a friend and I couldn’t be happier. Honestly, nothing can beat this perfect old veggie with a nutty flavour and full fo goodness. Roast with a simple drizzle of olive oil, salt and enjoy but tonight we are making soup. Winter is also the soup season and I have been making batches of different soups every week already.
Great soup for any meal prep situation. Make a big batch and enjoy for a few days. Promise you won’t be disappointed or bored.
- PARSNIP IS an excellent source of fibre, vitamin C & K, folate
- Rich in antioxidant (including vitamin C) which boost the immune system
- Delicious + cosy
Very simple and easy soup to make that required only very few ingredients. The ultimate comforting creamy bowl to enjoy during those cold evening. optionally add a squeeze of lemon before serving for an extra tangy twist.
- 8-10 PARSNIPS
- 2 ONIONS
- 1 HEAD OF GARLIC
- 1.5 LITRE VEGGIE STOCK
- 1/2 TBP CUMIN SEED
- 2 TSP CUMIN
- Pre-heat oven at 180C
- Cut the top of the garlic. Put into some foil. drizzle of olive oil. Roast it for 20/25 minutes
- In the meantime, wash very well the parsnip. Cut in small chunks.
- In a deep sauce pan, heat some olive oil
- Add the onion, cook them until they get translucent (10/12 min) medium heat.
- Add the spices + salt
- Add the pieces of parsnip. Keep cooking.
- Add the veggie stock. Cover the lids bring to a gentle boil and let simmer for 25 minutes until the parsnip are fully cooked. Stir occasionally. (low heat)
- In a blender, place the parsnip soup and the roasted garlic. Blend until you get a smooth texture. Add extra water, if you want a thinner consistency. Top with some coconut yogurt & enjoy.