Just when I thought pasta couldn’t get any better, I’ve decided to twist the game, roasted veggie and mix all together. The result is an incredible combo flavour, a perfect balance of savoury, sweet and freshness. They take a bit of time to make it (as you have to wait until all veg gets roasted but also very easy.
If I had to describe this pasta bowl I would say when healthy meets tasty, because it is literally what it is. Lots of nutrients, fibre, a filling pasta bowl that make your soul and body feel good.
There is no sauce made for this recipe but the whole roasted pepper and garlic make the recipe so creamy that you won’t need anything else. For this recipe, I used gluten-free pasta but feel free to swap with regular one if you can of course!
Let’s just pause for a minute and say it once of good: CARBS ARE GOOD FOR YOU it won’t make you fat! I grow up fearing carbs so bad, then had to stop eating gluten (hello coeliac ) which weirdly made me, even more, hate carbs. Then, after studying and trying to understand more about our body I realised that carbs were not the bad boy that I used to think. It was the opposite, carbs are good for us, our main way to create energy for our body. So eat your pasta, your bread & all those potatoes. You can stay away from refined carbs if you want, but no need to be too far as well. Don’t ban food just balance.
- 350g Pasta
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 head of garlic
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 aubergines
- Fresh basil
- Place the red bell pepper on a tray in the oven at 220C until the skin get back
- On an oven, the tray adds the whole garlic head wrap into foil drizzle with olive oil inside + the cherry tomatoes. Roast both for 25 minutes.
- While the tomatoes, garlic and bell pepper roasted, cook the pasta following instructions on the box. Drain and rinse.
- In a pan-fried, some olive oil and the red onion finely sliced (medium heat to let onion cook properly without burning) add the aubergine diced. Cook until it gets soft.
- Once the garlic is done. Take out the soft cloves from the head and skin.
- Once the red bell pepper is done (black burn on the skin) leave to cool down and cut off the stalks, remove the skins and seeds. Slice into thick chunks
- Mix all ingredients with the pasta (drained & rinsed). Add a handful of basil & enjoy.