Life in quarantine has lots of upsides down let’s be honest someday I will be full of creativity others I will just be left with nothing, no desire to do anything. there is also the question of when to have a break or having a day off when the whole country, the world is already on pause. I have trouble to find the balance between work, break, self-care… and to be honest I don’t want to tell myself with time it will come because it would mean that the situation will remain like this forever.
On another note, today I am sharing with you a plant based quiche recipe, do you remember my tomatoes quiche from last summer ? So here is a new version: same base different filling but still incredibly delicious. All you need is some soaked cashew, leek, broccoli, oat and few other kitchen staples to be ready to make it.
- 2 TBP FLAX SEED + 6 TBP WATER
- 50G GROUND ALMOND
- 110G OAT FLOUR
- 60G BUCKWHEAT FLOUR
- 1 TSP SALT
- 1/2 TSP GARLIC POWDER
- 2 TBP OLIVE OIL
- 4 TBP ALMOND MILK
- 250G CASHEWS (SOAKED OVERNIGHT OR 1 HOUR IN BOILING WATER)
- 1 ONION
- 2 LEEKS
- TENDERSTEAM BROCCOLIE
- 3 TBP NUTRITIONAL YEAST
- 1/4 CUP OF WATER
- 1 LEMON JUICE
- 1 TBP DIJON MUSTARD
- 1 TSP SALT
- Mix the flax meal with water and let sit for 10 minutes
- Add all the dry ingredients together & add almond milk, oil and flax egg. Combined everything to form a nice dough.
- Press down the dough into a tart pan
- Poke a few whole in the dough with a fork. Bake for 12 minutes at 180C
- In the meantime make the filling : in a saucepan heat some olive oil and fried the onion then add the leek slices very thin. Cook both of them wiht pinch of salt until they are tender (15/20 min at medium heat) Once cooked let them cool down for a bit
- Then, in a blender add the drained and rinse cashew with the leek mixture and all the other ingredients except the brococlie. Blend until you get a smooth filling.
- Pour over the filling onto the cook dough. Add the broccoli all over. drizzle with some olive oil & nutritional yeast
- Bake for another 30/35 minutes at 180C. Allow to cool before taking out of the pan.
- Add sone fresh basil and enjoy !