Time for some comforting and healthy pizza made with only few plant based, gluten free ingredients. These pizza is very easy to make and just became one of my favourite thing to make during this quarantine. Each time I have some leftover veg, I am ready to throw everything on the dough and enjoy. Most important get the perfect amount of sweet potato, steam them very well & be ready to turn them into a pizza dough in 2 seconds.
WHAT’S INSIDE THE RECIPE ?
- SWEET POTATO : favourite good mood food, THE ingredient of this base and makes everything taste better of course.
- FLAX SEED : our favourite fake plant based eggs to bind everything together. Wait to get that gel texture before using it.
- GF FLOUR : I choose buckwheat flour in this recipe for the best texture, but feel free to experiment which your favourite blend. I also tried with chickpeas the result was nice and crunchy.
- CORN FLOUR : use as a binding agent in this recipe.
TIPS TO MAKE THE DOUGH
Go wash your hand and use them to knead the dough. Also I would recommend to press the dough between 2 parchment paper which make everything easier.
SWEET POTATO PIZZA (PB, GF)Course: Uncategorized
150G SWEET POTATO
1 TBP FLAX SEED + 2 TBP WATER
115G BUCKWHEAT FLOUR
1 TBP CORN FLOUR
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
1 TSP OREGANO
1/2 TSP GARLIC POWDER
TOPPING : TOMATO PUREE, FRESH BASIL, VEGAN CHEESE, MUSHROOM, RED ONIONS, CHERRIES TOMATOES
- Preheat oven 180C. Peeled & diced the sweet potatoes. Steam* them with a steamer basket if you have it util they are very tender (15/20min)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together + all the spices
- Once your sweet potatoes are cooked, mashed they with a fork until it is very smooth, then add the flax seed mixture & mix until it is well combined. Add the dry ingredients use your hand to knead the dough into a ball
- Press down the ball to make a circle shape between 2 parchment paper (if too wet just add a bit of flour). Cook it for 12 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, flip the base add all your favourite topping. Back to oven for 20/25 minutes.
- You can swap the buckwheat flour, by a GF blend as well (or regular flour)
- If you don’t have anything to steam the sweet potatoes, just bring some water to boil and add the diced and peeled sweet potatoes, cook for 20 min or until they are fork tender