Easy peasy white bean hummus made with only 5 plants based ingredients. The perfect new dip for your veg or sandwich spread. It only takes 5minutes to make, you can store it for 5-7 days in your fridge. Very nutritious & delicious.
If you know me well, y’all know that I am constantly making hummus like every week (even twice sometimes), I can’t leave without a big bowl of it stored in my fridge. It is my favourite veg dips, Buddha bowl topping & even spread.
Now I all see you coming. This is not hummus if there are no chickpeas. Well, true, I won’t lie on this one but sometimes change can be good isn’t it. I wanted to give a quick twist to my favourite recipe in the world this week and the result was just incredible.
Why white bean?
Cannellini beans are very nutritious, a great source of plant-based protein, full of fibre. They provide stable energy for all day. Using as the main base in hummus make it even more creamy. These little beans are smoother & ultra-creamy.
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 can Cannellini bean (drained & rinse very well)
- 3 TBP of tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBP olive oil
- Top with : smoked paprika, za’atar or even fresh parsley
- In a food processor, add the drained beans with lemon juice, salt and garlic. Blend until it gets smooth.
- Then add the tahini and olive oil. Keep blending.
- Taste for flavour and adjust if need it.
- Serve as you like (for me was za’atar and paprika) & give it a good drizzle of olive oil on the top.
- You can store it in an airtight container for a week (drizzle of olive oil on the top will avoid to not get dry)