Today we are twisting the usual bean chilli using only one kind of beans and some sweet potatoes roasted for an extra good mood sweetness in our stew. Stew is my winter favourite thing, I love throwing everything in the pan and let it slow cook at very low temperature.
These recipe is also a perfect way for any meal prep situation, making a massive batch and you are good for a few days. Pair with some quinoa, greens and you are good to go.
- 1 ONION, DICED
- 1 RED BELL PEPPER
- 3 GARLIC CLOVES
- 1/2 TSP CUMIN SEED
- 2 TSP PAPRIKA
- 2 TSP CHIPOTLE PASTE
- 1 TBP TOMATO PUREE
- 2 TINS (800G) RED KIDNEY BEANS
- 400G CHOPPED TOMOTOES (TIN)
- 250ML WATER
- 1 CINNAMON STICK
- 4 SWEET POTATOES
- SALT & PEPPER
- ROAST THE SWEET POT: washed and peeled the sweet potatoes. Cut them in a small chunk. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. 25 min oven at 180C
- In a saucepan, heat some olive oil, fried onion for 12/15 minutes medium heat. Add all the spices except the cinnamon stick. Stir and cook for few minutes
- Then, add the garlic minced and red bell pepper cut into small chunks. Cook everything for few more minutes. Add the beans. Stir well
- Put in the saucepan the chopped tomatoes can, water, tomatoes puree and chipotle paste. Add cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a gentle boil, let simmer for 35/40 minutes at low temperature.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done mix them with the cooked chilli add some fresh coriander on the top and enjoy