Butter bean stew stole my heart this week. A long time favourite meal in the house, made with only few wholesome ingredients, slow cook for 45\50 minutes. Pair it with some quinoa and a good dose of avocado, the perfect diner is ready.
WARM – COSY- PLANT BASED – GLUTEN FREE – GOOD MOOD STEW – SATISFYING
HIGH IN PLANT BASED PROTEIN – IRON – VITAMIN B & C
I don’t know about you but with the weather getting colder and colder every day I can’t leave without warm cosy stew. I have been making some big batches of stew for the last 3 weeks and I am not ready to stop. They are ideal for meal prep, with some grain on the side and greens they make the perfect meal.
This recipe is part of the new episode of the meal prep show link. I am having so much fun shooting this quick meal prep video and wish that it helps people around here togged some healthy and tasty prep done ready for the week. Meal prep has changed the way I make food, made my life healthier and easier. This is such an important thing for me that I wish to spread it all over the world.
- 500G SWEET POTATOES, PEELED + CUT SMALL CHUNK
- 2 CANS BUTTER BEAN
- 400G FRESH SPINACH
- 2 CAN CHOPPED TOMATOES
- 1 ONION, DICED
- 3 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED
- 250ML VEGGIE STOCK
- 2 TSP PAPRIKA
- 1 TSP CUMIN
- In a deep saucepan, heat some olive oil and onion. O|nce they get translucent add garlic, salt and sweet potatoes + all the spices. Stir everything very well. And cook for 10 minutes at medium temperature.
- Add the beans, rinsed and drained very well.
- Add the tomatoes and veggie stock
- Cover, bring to a boil then lower the temperature and let simmer for 40 minutes until the sweet potatoes are totally soft and the stew has reduced. Only art the end add the spinach and cook for another 10 minutes (in order to not overcook the spinach)
- Adjust seasoning if need it
- Enjoy with some rice or quinoa, fresh coriander on the top and coconut yogurt