A pie straight from heaven: raw, plant-based, gluten-free made with only a few ingredients and sweetened by dates only! Yep, all of that to create this sticky, creamy and perfectly balanced Banoffee Pie. Fun fact: I never had a proper Banoffee Pie, the only one I had is a raw version.
Making raw cakes is probably one of my favourite things (I mean I made that for a living too). What I mean is as much I like baked good, I am also so amazed by raw cooking, possibilities are endless, everything taste always so much better (in my personal opinion of course), all flavour and vitamin are kept alive and fresh, I guess this is what I love + transforming raw nuts into cakes will always fascinated me. Enough talking let’s make this pie, isn’t it?
The base is just a simple mix of gluten-free oat, almond and dates. For the caramel, if you followed me for a while now you probably know this one date, almond butter, Maca but this time with some twist: cacao butter and cashew milk to make it more creamy and sticky. Cacao butter also adds a nice flavour to this pie. I topped the pie with fresh banana, coconut cream, walnuts and cacao nibs.
- 125g OAT FLOUR (GLUTEN FREE IF NEED IT)
- 75G ALMONDS
- 5 DATES
- 2 TBP MELTED COCONUT OIL
- PINCH SALT
- 290G DATES (SOAKED FOR 30 MINUTES)
- 2 TBP ALMOND BUTTER
- 40ML CASHEW MILK (OR ANY UNSWEETENED PLANT BASED MILK)
- 1 TBP MELTED CACAO BUTTER
- 1/2 TSP VANILLA POWDER
- 1 TSP MACA POWDER
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 2 BANANAS SLICES
- FULL FAT COCONUT MILK (CHILLED OVERNIGHT)
- WALNUTS AND CACAO NIBS
- Put all ingredients in a blender except from the oil. Blend everything until you get a sticky texture and add slowly the coconut oil.
- Press the crust into a tart pie. And place in the freezer.
- in the meantime, drained the dates that was soaking. Add into your blender with all other ingredients of the filling. Blend until you get a smooth sticky texture. Pour over the oat almond crust. Back in the freezer for 1 or 2 hours.
- Open the chilled cans of coconut milk and scoop off the white cream from the top of the can, discarding the water. Add the coconut cream into a medium bowl and whipped the cream until it is fluffy.
- Take out the pie add the slice bananas and the coconut whipped cream. Sprinkle of walnuts and cacao nibs & enjoy.